Dual Degree Courses After 12th: The Dual Degree is a revolution in the education system that allows students to pursue two different degrees simultaneously. The reason for the commencement of this mode is to provide students a competitive edge over single-degree holders. Students with dual degrees stretch their skill sets in diverse fields to expand their knowledge, and career options.
The best dual degree cum combination of study for students has been introduced and detailed in this article. Over the years, there have been a few programmes together that are massively applied in various universities. Let’s look at such programmes in the given section below.
- BTech – BBA
- BSc – BTech
- BA – LLB
- BBA – LLB
Finding two universities or the same to allow for admission in the dual degree programmes seems to be a difficult task. But, this article shall not disappoint anyone for the difficult answers in the most generous manner. In order to solve any issue related to dual degree admission, eligibility, fee, colleges, etc., aspirants needed to spend five minutes reading the article completely.
The dual degree programs admission gate remains open in the online, and offline forms throughout the year. Applicants have to pay a registration fee to start the admission process.
- The registration fee for Dual degree programs is seen from INR 300 to INR 1,000 in respective universities.
- The course fees start from INR 7,500 to INR 1,73,500.
- The minimum eligibility to study for admission to the dual degree programs is 12th.
Dual Degree Courses After 12th Highlights
|Course Name||Dual Degree Courses|
|Eligibility||12th Pass with 45% marks|
|Offer By||IMTS Institute|
|Approved By||UGC / DEB|
|Fee Structure||INR 7,500 – INR 1,73,500|
What are Dual Degree Courses?
It is a type of degree where after completing your 12th class, you can enroll for two different degree courses and complete your graduation from two different courses after completing your 12th class. There are now stream-changing courses depending on the eligibility of the student. For instance, a student from science stream can pursue BA+MA or BBA+MBA.
Students should remember that time management and managing study clashes or exam schedules are important. Moreover, dual degrees require extra study, and one must have the time and capability before enrolling in a dual degree program. Consider all these points before moving forward.
Students can get entry to various specializations as per their choice at the same time. These are specifically designed to make students specialize in two specializations.
What are the Skill Requirements for Dual Degree Courses After 12th?
Dual degrees provide students with a base for developing a career in multiple fields. However, there is some requirement for pursuing these courses. Check these below:
- The students need an academic qualification that is mandatory as per the eligibility criteria and that required education is intermediate. Previous study fields of students must be relevant as this would be preferred. Every candidate should have scored average marks in overall subjects at the minimum level.
- Candidates should have some necessary skill sets that are beneficial to practice in the practical learning and employment area. Firstly the personality of every candidate is observed in the interview through the communication skills of the candidate.
- These candidates can be judged based on their analytical skills and their critical thinking level. They need to have Teamwork, management, leadership, and time management skills.
- Whatever course users pick, students will gain knowledge in a variety of subjects and get expertise in a number of settings, while also pursuing a demanding path of education.
Benefits of Pursuing the Dual Degree Courses After 12th?
The dual degree program has been ruled out by the UGC for the profit of students in multiple ways. Some of the benefits of pursuing dual degree courses after 12th are:
- The students can study in two different specializations at the same time.
- The students can go for two same level courses like 2 bachelors, 2 masters or any other courses.
- By going for dual degree courses, students will be able to get multiple options in their hands after completing their studies.
- They will be able to save time by gaining knowledge in two different specializations or courses.
Dual Degree Courses After 12th
Having the opportunity to enroll in Dual Degree courses after the 12th grade is a program that allows one to gain credit for both degrees while studying in the same course over a prolonged period of time. With this program, you will be able to complete your bachelor’s course as well as your master’s course in less time. This program offers both a bachelor’s and a master’s degree within a short period of time.
A student can opt for both B.Com and BBA as part of their undergraduate program if they feel they want to focus on both subjects simultaneously at the same time. The degree will be legal as long as the college approves it, which means that it will be accepted by the employer in the future. This course study can also be beneficial for students in the sense that they will have educational freedom without any restrictions imposed on them as a result of it.
Eligibility Criteria for Dual Degree Courses After 12th
- The minimum eligibility for dual degree courses admission is to have passed the 12th board examination from a recognized board for admission in the dual degree course.
- These courses usually require 45% marks from students.
- Direct admission to the dual degree programme is available at IMTS Institute.
- The admission process will be solely based on merit scored by the students in the last examination.
Advantages of Dual Degree Courses After 12th
It is possible to get two degrees with two specializations by enrolling in a dual degree program that allows you to specialize in two different courses simultaneously. The program can be combined with any two fields at any level from the Bachelor’s level to the Diploma level or the Master’s level. Students can choose different or complementary areas.
- It helps students to complete two degrees in less time.
- It offers various dual degree courses like a Master’s or a Ph.D.
- It costs less other than a separate course.
- You get to learn double in a specified period of time.
Dual Degree Courses After 12th Science
The dual degree program is available to students who are graduating from class 12th in the science stream. UGC recently announced that students can now apply for dual degree courses after 12th science and pursue dual degree courses after 12th science. These are some of the most common courses:
|BTech-BCA||3 to 4 Years|
|BTech-BSc||3 to 4 Years|
|BArch-BSc||3 to 4 Years|
Dual Degree Courses After 12th Arts
There are various dual degree courses after the 12th Arts. It has been approved by the UGC that any student can pursue a dual degree. Any student who has passed the 12th class in the Humanities stream can do the following dual courses:
Dual Degree Courses After 12th Commerce
After pursuing 12th commerce, students who want to pursue dual degree courses have the opportunity to do so. The UGC has given approval for the dual degree course in India, the students can go after two same-level courses at the same time.
The field of Commerce offers both traditional and professional courses for students who have completed their senior secondary education. Professional courses give students the opportunity to learn all the updated syllabi of a specific subject. Traditional courses are needed for entry into various government sectors.
There are multiple commerce courses after 12th that students can pursue in a dual degree format. Some of the dual course combinations are mentioned below for commerce students.
|BCom – CA||3 to 5 Years|
|BCom – BAF||3 Years|
|BCom – BBA||3 Years|
|BCom – CMA||3 Years|
|BCom Economics-BBA Finance||3 Years|
|BFM – BBA||3 Years|
|BAF – BBA||3 Years|
|BBI – BCA||3 Years|
Dual Degree Courses in Engineering After 12th
Many universities have started to offer Dual Degree Courses in Engineering. Students can explore the official website of the institute. Duel degrees are designed in such a way that provides the students with two degrees at the same time. Here are some dual degree programmes offered by the university.
Dual Degree Courses After 12th in India
Several universities are offering dual degree courses in India. Students after completing their 12th-class education can apply for admission. This dual degree can be earned by a student in the same disciplines/subjects at the same level. The duration of the programme may vary according to the specializations. Duel degree courses are approved by UGC.
Dual Degree Programs UGC
University Grants Commission (UGC) has approved the dual degree programs according to the National Education Policy. UGC has issued the guidelines for the dual degree programme. Several universities are offering dual degree courses in India. Interested students can apply.
UGC Guideline for Dual Deegre Courses After 12th
- Candidates can enroll 2 full-time programme in Physical mode if class time is different.
- One academic programme can be pursued full-time in the physical mode and another in the Open and Distance Learning (ODL)/Online mode; or two ODL/Online programmes can be pursued simultaneously.
- Regulations notified by the UGC as well as the relevant statutory or professional councils will apply to degree and diploma programs under these guidelines.
Dual Degree Courses List After 12th
A number of Dual Degree Courses After 12th are offered in many Indian colleges and Universities specializing students in two fields at the same time. These courses can be taken once a candidate has done the 12th standard. This type of learning combines a UG and a PG degree.
For example, students who want to learn B-Tech at the UG level and MBA at the PG level can take the dual degree course of B-Tech+MBA. The institutes offering these courses are multiple including both public and private institutes.
Top Dual Degree Courses After 12th
- B-Tech – BSc
- B-Tech – BCA
- B-Tech – BBA
- BHM – DIHM
Employment Areas of Dual Degree Courses
- Researchers Industry
- Professor Technical Engineer
- Forest Department
Job Types of Dual Degree Courses
- Quality Analyst
- Technical Consultant
Dual Degree Vs Integrated courses
Both Dual degree courses and Integrated courses are different from each other. Let’s check the following points to know what makes them different.
- It needs less time to pursue Dual Degree courses, as the student studies for both degrees parallelly. In the Integrated course, the students will have to pass all the exams to study the subjects of another course.
- A student can pursue dual degrees in two different subjects that have no relation to each other whereas in an integrated course, both UG and PG degrees relate to the same subject.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Ques 1: Is dual degree valid in India?
Ans: Yes, a Dual degree is valid in India. Many Institutes & colleges offer dual degrees in multiple fields like science, commerce & arts. This degree is approved and can be pursued after passing class 12th.
Ques 2: Which is the best dual degree course after the 12th?
Ans: The best dual degree course after the 12th is BA-BTech, BBA-LLB, BA-LLB, and BCom-BBA & more offered in India.
Ques 3: Can I do a double degree after the 12th?
Ans: Yes, anyone who has completed the 12th-level examination can do a double-degree course.
Ques 4: Is a dual degree a good option?
Ans: Dual degree programme has a lot of career options in terms of a single degree. Additionally, it could prepare students to take on jobs or start their own businesses by providing a broader base of competencies than a single course.