Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application
Information About Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application
PGDCA is an acronym for Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application. This course is computer oriented and it carries computer-related coursework. Graduate students in any branch can go for the course. The duration of the program is 1 year. Course fee depends on institutes but generally, it costs 10,000 INR for a year.
A graduate diploma is generally a qualification occupied after completion of a first degree, though the level of study differs in different countries from existence at the same level as the last year of a bachelor’s grade to be at a level between a master’s graduation and a doctorate. In some republics, the alumna diploma and postgraduate diploma are equal, while in others (particularly where the graduate diploma is at undergraduate degree level) the postgrad diploma is a higher qualification.
Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application Eligibility:
- Any graduates can go for the course
Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application Duration:
- This course takes 1 year in completion
The syllabus of the program is listed in the following table. Students can get the idea of the course nature from the table.
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|1||Computer Organization & Architecture|
|5||OOPS using C++|
|6||Soft Skills Development|
|7||Database Management Systems|
|8||Data Structure using Java|
|9||Management Process & OB|
- Maris Stella College (Autonomous), Vijayawada
- St. Albert’s College, Ernakulam
- Haryana Medical Institute, Hisar
Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application Job Types
After the course completion, applicants can work in rapidly growing IT Industry. IT has become an integral part of any organization or company. Therefore it has broad scope in the present scenario.
Following are some job types offered to applicants.
- Game Developer
- Application Developer
- IT Manager
- Database Manager
- Data Analyst
- QA Tester
- Data Entry Worker
- IT Support Technician
- Programmer Analyst
- Software Trainer
- Quality Assurance Analyst
- Program Manager
- Project Manager
- Database Administrator
- Software Developer
- Software marketer
- Network Analyst (more)
Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application Employment Area:
The employment area covers both the government and private sectors. List of leading private recruiters are as below.
- HCL Technologies
- IBM India
- NIIT Technologies
- Infosys Technologies
- Matrix Solutions Pvt. Ltd
List of some government recruiters is as follows.
- Indian Railway
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL)
- Food Corporation of India (FCI)
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
- Centre for Development of Advance Computing (C-DAC)
- Steel Authority of India (SAIL)
- National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
- Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) (more)
- Expert in this field can also opt for teaching option in universities and colleges.
- Students can also go for a higher degree program in respective subjects such as Master’s Degree.
- They can also become computer operator in many companies.
Salary offered to the professionals of the course depends on the size of the recruiters. Generally, they can be employed with the initial salary of 25K to 30K INR per month.