Diploma in Petroleum Engineering: The diploma in Petroleum Engineering is a course that focuses on the study of technologists in all areas of gas or petroleum and this course is considered to be a very popular course. This course is suitable for students interested in gas or petroleum courses and will teach them all the techniques that are used in the field.
This course is very highly demanded and it is also increasing its value day by day. The course covers the following fields: production engineering, trigonometry, calculus, introduction to petroleum drilling engineering, secondary recovery, mining engineering, etc.
What is Petroleum Engineering?
Petroleum engineering is a field that is growing and becoming more in demand every day. In the petroleum field, there are a lot of risks, since mining, testing, extracting, and many other purposes require a lot of skill and expertise. This is also why there is a demand and boom for such petroleum professionals. This is because they can handle and take all the associated measures in the field of petroleum engineering well and very efficiently too.
What are the main subjects of petroleum engineering courses? The different subjects of petroleum engineering include production engineering, mining engineering, trigonometry and calculus, introduction to petroleum drilling engineering, secondary recovery, petroleum engineering design, petroleum production, petroleum engineering part-time laboratory, and many scores of other subjects as well.
Diploma in Petroleum Engineering Admission Highlights
|Diploma Name||Diploma in Petroleum Engineering|
|Offered By||IMTS Institute|
Diploma in Petroleum Engineering Admission 2023
Admission into Diploma in Petroleum Engineering has started at IMTS Institute for session 2023. The course belongs to the engineering stream. This course is ideal for students who passed the 10th or 12th class and are interested in learning these specializations through diploma programs. Students can apply online at @www.imtsinstitute.com.
The institute is popular among students for its quality education and best student support services. It offers an online admission process that can be done from the home of students. The process is short and simple. The institute is offering the course in an affordable fee structure.
Diploma in Petroleum Engineering Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for admission to the diploma in petroleum engineering there are two to three requirements that must be fully met by the candidate taking admission.
- Students who have completed their 12th-class education can apply for this diploma.
- There are age criteria.
- A 40% score is required for enrolling Diploma in petroleum engineering.
- If students have any other degree relevant to this course easily can apply.
The average tuition fee for this diploma in Petroleum Engineering lies between Rs 10,000 and Rs 39,999.
The duration of a diploma in petroleum engineering in India is three years. It takes three years to complete a diploma in this field where each year is divided into two semesters that have six months duration in them.
Diploma in Petroleum Engineering Syllabus
- Semester 1
- Engineering Chemistry
- English – 1
- Environmental Studies
- Computer Programming
- Applied Mathematics – 1
- Engineering Mechanics
- Semester 2
- Applied Mathematics – 2
- Engineering Drawing
- Applied Mathematics – 3
- English – 2
- Engineering Physics
- Elements of Mechanical Engineering
- Semester 3
- Surveying & Offshore Structures
- Chemical Process Calculations
- Basic Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Complex Variables
- General Geology
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Semester 4
- Thermodynamics for Petroleum Engineers
- Petroleum Exploration
- Petroleum Geology
- Momentum Transfer
- Process Heat Transfer
- Probability & Statistics
- Semester 5
- Management Science
- Drilling Technology
- Process Dynamics & Control
- Well Logging & Formation Evaluation
- Process Instrumentation
- Semester 6
- Petroleum Refinery & Petrochemical Engineering
- Well Completions, Testing & Servicing
- Petroleum Reservoir Engineering – I
- Open Electives
- Petroleum Production Engineering
Subjects of Study
- Chemistry of Oil and Gas
- Reservoir Properties Such as Porosity
- Paraffins and Asphaltenes
- Permeability and Saturation
- Production from Two Phase Reservoirs
- Well Productivity Engineering
- Gas Reservoir Production
- Near Well-Bore Conditions
- Gas Well Deliverability
- Perforations on Well Performance
- Flow Performance
- Well-Head Surface Gathering Systems
- Well Deliverability
- Artificial Left
- Surface Equipment and Operations
- Horizontal Well Production
- Flow Control
- Design and Testing of Flow Lines
- Flow Measurements
- Separators & Components
- Heat Treatment
- Water Injection
- Water Disposal
- Subsurface Equipment
- McKinsey & Company – Mumbai
- Colleges & Universities
- Pacific Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. – Silchar
- GD Research Center Pvt. Ltd. – Hyderabad,
- Pacific Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. – Ahmadnagar
- Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Limited – Gandhinagar
- SM AKER Management Services Pvt. Ltd. – Mumbai
- Field Operator
- Geologist/Petroleum Geologist
- Asst Manager Well Testing
- Process Operator
- Program Management Expert
- Project Manager
- Gas Service Technician
Diploma in Petroleum Engineering Job profiles-
- Students who complete this course can choose some perfect designations like Field Operator, Geologist, and Asst Manager Well Testing, process Operator, Program Management Expert, Project Manager, and Gas Service Technician.
- To acquire these job positions students need to acquire proper research study and also learn all practical aspects which are necessary for the growth.
- Also, these profiles are very popular and demand for this course also is increasing day by day.
Students should research the course for quality educational growth which is the major requirement of every student who thinks of learning.
Diploma in Petroleum Engineering Salary
After completing the diploma course, students can get placements in top companies. The salary package may be range from Rs. 3 L to Rs. 6 L per annum, initially. After gaining a good experience in the same field, students can earn a better salary package than before.
Diploma in Petroleum Engineering in Hindi
यह एक ऐसा कोर्स है जो कि गैस और पेट्रोलियम उद्योग में इस्तेमाल होने वाली तकनीकि पर आधारित है। इस उद्योग में कुशल कर्मचारियों की मांग बढ़ रही है। इस कोर्स को पूरा करने के बाद, विद्यार्थी सभी आवश्यक्ताओं को पूरा करने में सक्षम हो जायेंगे।
Ques. Can I Apply for this Course after the 12th?
Ans. Yes. You can apply.
Ques. What is the Minimum Eligibility for Diploma in petroleum engineering?
Ans. The minimum eligibility for Diploma in petroleum engineering course is 10th from the recognized board.
Ques. What are the Career options after Completing Diploma in Petroleum Engineering Admission?
Ans. Field Operator, Process Operator, Project Manager, Gas Service Technician, etc.