Chef Courses After 12th: The chef industry is one of the most popular industries in the modern professional world. According to reports, there will be a 15% increase in head cook and chef jobs by 2031. This indicates that students who are interested in careers as chefs will have fantastic opportunities in the future.
Someone who has passed their senior secondary examination from a standard board in India can look at the career options based on the courses at different degree, diploma, and certificate levels, e.g., BHM, certificate in food production & patisserie, PG Diploma in Culinary Arts, Diploma in Culinary Arts, and more.
The aforementioned programs are intended to help aspirants get ready to learn crucial skills like cutting, cooking, food hygiene, kitchen management, restaurant management, plating, food styling, presentation, etc. Candidates are admitted to the chef courses on the basis of their qualifications or the entrance exam’s valid score.
- The maximum age for degree and diploma programs is 25 years for the general category. But, students who fall under the SC/ST category can study the chef courses for 28 years. Some institutions also offer age-related relaxation.
- The job profiles for chef courses are executive chef, head chef, sous chef, baker, etc.
Chef courses’ average fees in private, central, and other universities can be seen from INR 26,700 to INR 1,36,000 yearly/ Semester wise.
Chef Courses After 12th Highlights
|Course Name||Chef Courses|
|Eligibility||12th Pass with 45% marks|
|Offered By||IMTS Institute|
|Approved By||UGC / DEB|
|Fee Structure||INR 26,700 to INR 1,36,000|
What are Chef & Culinary courses?
A chef is a certified trained chef and professional who is skilled in all elements of food making and mostly specializes in one meal. The name “chef” is taken from the French term chef de cuisine, which refers to the leader or director of a cuisine. Chefs might acquire professional instruction out of an academy or by shadowing an established cook.
Acquiring such courses can benefit the student in many ways they can be employed as permanent chefs in hotels and restaurants. Nowadays the number of food points has increased all over the country as well as abroad so doing this course obviously has good scope.
Taking a professional education to become a chef a graduate can also apply for chef jobs in foreign countries. Most foreign countries require Indian chefs to run their Indian meal restaurants and this will lead you to be popular all over the world You can also open your own restaurant.
What are the Skill Requirements for the Chef Courses After 12th?
There are certain requirements that are academic and may vary from one institute to other. Becoming a chef will also require you to keep some necessary skills. Check these here:
- As per the academic requirements, a candidate for becoming eligible for the chef courses must have accomplished the educational qualification of intermediate. Students from any stream can apply to take this course.
- There are many courses that particularly provide specialization in one specific meal to the chef but he/she must be able to carry multitask and know to cook a variety of food items.
- When you work in a kitchen you might have a team around you so through such courses you have to learn important teamwork skills along with time management skills.
- Candidates must be hardworking because working in the kitchen is not much easier the more hard work it requires the more rewarding it is.
How to Become a Chef After 12th
The Candidate will follow the following steps and courses once he has completed the class 12th. These steps and courses are listed here for your convenience as a guide.
UG Level Preparation: Candidate can pursue a UG hotel management program, cooking program, and other culinary courses, such as a bachelor’s degree in Culinary Arts, etc. Numerous colleges across the country offer these courses.
What are the qualifications needed to become a chef in India? Students who want to become a chef in India must earn a degree for the chef at UG and PG levels. Various universities are offering chef courses and students can join according to their interests to become a chef in India. After completing the course, one can join internship programmes offered by various hotels, restaurants, Bakery shops, etc.
Chef Courses After 12th
There is a wide range of courses students can start to learn after intermediate and become professional cooks. Immediately after completing the 12th standard, students can enroll in the graduation courses, or other choices are to do certificate or diploma chef courses.
After doing such courses, numerous choices are open for students in food manufacturing, food catering, railways, cruise liners, airlines, restaurants, hotels, etc.
Chef Courses List After 12th
- BA in Culinary Arts
- Bachelor of Catering Technology & Culinary Arts
- Bachelor of Hotel Management
- BSc in Catering Science & Hotel Management
- BSc in Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Culinary Arts
- Certificate in Food Production & Patisserie
- Diploma in Catering Technology
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Diploma in Hospitality Management
- BVoc in Bakery and Cookery
- BVoc in Culinary Operations
- BVoc in International Culinary Arts
Chef Courses After 12th Commerce
Students who have completed their 12th with commerce stream are also eligible for Chef Courses After 12th Commerce. They can choose a degree, diploma, or certificate course offered by the institute. These courses’ duration varies from 1 year to 4 years. BA in Hospitality Management, Diploma in Culinary Art, and Certificate in Bakery and Confectionery are some courses that can be pursued by a student with a commerce stream.
Best Chef Courses After 12th
|Course||Duration||Eligibility||Fee (Per Year)|
|BA in Hospitality Management||3 Years||10+2 from any stream with 45% score||Rs 19,945/-|
|BA in Culinary Arts||3 Years||Rs 17,999/-|
|Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)||3 to 4 Years||Rs 32,956/-|
|BSc in Culinary Science||3 Years||Passed Class 12th from science stream with 50% marks||Rs 24,745/-|
|Diploma in Culinary Arts||1 to 2 Years||Passed 10th & 12th class grade||Rs 32,512/-|
Eligibility Criteria for Chef Courses After 12th
Every aspiring candidate who wants to be a professional cook can join the chef courses after he/she has completed the qualification up to the 12th standard. It is the basic and compulsory requirement that students passing this qualification must have obtained a minimum 50% score.
There is also an entrance exam that is conducted by National Testing Agency and the test name is NCHMCT JEE which is mandatory to pass for getting admission in Government, State, PSU, and IHMs institutes.
Pastry Chef Course After 12th
Pastry Chef Course After 12th is a great program for someone who is interested in learning the basics of cake and pastry making, and who wishes to make confectionery products and can choose a pastry course after 12th as a career. The course content is designed with the theoretical curriculum. Various universities provide this professional program. The course duration is 6 months to 1 year. The fee for the Pastry course is INR 25,000 to INR 50,000 and it will differ from university to university.
Chef Courses After 12th in India
In India, the craze for getting into the hotel management industry or especially becoming a chef has increased in recent times. Following this craze, various universities and institutions have started offering admission into chef courses after 12th.
Some of the most looked-for chef courses after 12th in India are:
- Diploma in Food Production
- Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery
- Diploma in Food and Beverage Science (UG Level)
- Bachelor of Catering Technology and Culinary Arts
- BA in International Culinary Arts
- Diploma in Culinary Arts of Italian Cuisine
- BHM Culinary Arts
- Certificate in Bakery and Confectionery
Chef Courses After 12th: Scope
Chef Courses After 12th are providing a wide scope. We are living in a time when the food service industry is blossoming. Being a good chef opens many career opportunities. There are a large number of employment areas where a candidate can establish his professional career. Some are mentioned below.
- Food Processing Companies
- Food Manufacturing
- Cruise Liners
- Catering in Confectioneries
- Corporate Catering
Candidates can get internships at famous restaurants and hotels. This will provide you with professional cooking experience and a taste of chef life. After your internship, you’ll know if this is something you desire and can afford. If not, you can become a full-time waiter, and work in catering, restaurants, hotels, or other fields.