Diploma in Public Health
Information about Diploma in Public Health
Diploma in Public Health is a diploma level course in Hospital and Healthcare Management. The course is designed to fulfill the requirements of the hospital and healthcare organizations. Candidates learn methods of public health management, they develop various public health skills during the program. The course work includes theoretical classes and various activities, projects as per the curricula of the program. Those who have good communication skills, leadership qualities, and interpersonal skills are suitable for the course. The course takes one year to complete.
Diploma in Public Health is Diploma Level Hospice and Healthcare Management progression. Diploma in Public Wellbeing (DPH) is designed to develop public health skills at the graduate level. Contenders are required to hold a gradation or to have appropriate qualified qualifications and experience. This course utilizes a variety of instruction and learning techniques. (More)
Diploma in Public Health Eligibility:
- 10+2 or other equivalent exams
Diploma in Public Health Duration:
- 12 months
The syllabus for the program is listed as follows:
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|1||Women and Child Health|
|2||Public Health System|
|3||Managing District Health Services|
|4||Community Participation for Health|
|5||Special focus areas in Healthcare|
|6||Emerging Issues in Health Sector|
The fees structure of the program varies according to the institutes. But in general, it costs 1 lakh to 1.5 lakh INR per student.
Advantages of Diploma in Public Health
- Course is beneficial to acquire theoretical knowledge and develop practical skills.
- It helps management to learn techniques mandatory for making District Health Plans. They can also go for further higher degrees for improving educational qualification and job promotions.
Diploma in Public Health Colleges:
There are various Universities and Colleges offering the course. Some of the institutes are given as below:
- Kerala University of Health Sciences – KUHS, Thrissur
- National Institute of Health and Family Welfare – NIHFW, New Delhi
- King George’s Medical University, Lucknow
- All India Institute of Hygiene and Public Health, Kolkata
Diploma in Public Health Employment Areas:
- Colleges & Universities
- Community Work
- Environmental Health
- Health Promotion & Hospital Administration
- Health Information Management
Diploma in Public Health Job Types:
The course is job enriched. The applicants of the program can apply to both the government and private sector. Some of the job types are given as below:
- Polio Eradication Officer
- Research Associate
- Emergency Response & Preparedness Consultant
- Clinical Coordinator
- Research Data Support Personnel
The salary of the professionals depends on the factors like job type, location recruiter etc. But generally, they are paid 30K to 40K INR monthly as a fresher.